Wednesday, June 15, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 7

Day 7: A song that reminds you of some event
As I elaborated on yesterday, these last few days have been somewhat difficult for me. Songs do not generally inspire concrete memories (with few exceptions), so I kind of had to wing it with most of these. Today is no exception, though there are a few that will remind me of events /sometimes/ (just not reliably or frequently), so I guess they'll just have to do.

Events in particular are tough because I remember so few events concretely. Fleeting images are often all I get, the occasional glimpse of something a little more detailed sometimes, but for the most part I have a poor memory for things like this.

As with the past few days, there are no winners (no song reminds me more of one thing than another of another thing, blah blah blah), just a list of applicable songs.

Take My Breath Away (Berlin) - Yay! More painful memories! This one reminds me (actually surprisingly strongly) of my senior prom since it was /the/ song of the prom. For obvious reasons, it's hard for me to listen to this song anymore.

Sunscreen (Bahz Luhrmann) - Ok, this one was not actually /played/ at my high school graduation, but it kind of makes me think of it all the same sometimes, again, for obvious reasons.

You might find it odd I have no songs that remind me of my wedding. I call it proof of a merciful and benevolant God.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a bit easier to pick some winners *checks* ...nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment