Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 8

Day 8: A song that you know all the words to

...seriously? Am I the only person in the world that knows all the words to 90% of the songs I listen to? Anyways, picking a "winner" for today is next to impossible. Most songs that I've heard more than a couple times (and have on my MP3 player) I know all the words to and sing along with regularly, so I'll have to get clever this time. It's not just a matter of knowing all the words to the song...but how about a song that I'm "proud" to know all the words to? A song that's so fast and ridiculous and crazy that it's actually difficult to know all the words to? Yeah. We'll go with that.

Winner: Megaman II (Duane and Brand0) - Caution. Rather "volatile" lyrics. This song is hilarious. Anyone who's ever played Megaman 2 (or any Megaman game) will probably laugh their asses off at it. Anyone who hasn't will probably think it's vile and horrible. Even I'm on the fence sometimes...but I usually just go with the laughing. Anyways, it's a rap (with extremely explicit lyrics) about Megaman 2. It's very clever, in my opinion, and filled with vulgar humor from start to finish. Did I mention it was explicit, vile, vulgar, and...yeah, there's a lot of cursing (please don't blame me if you are offended...I did warn you). And yeah. I've listened to it enough to know all the lyrics. I fumble a bit during the Metal Man part when I'm singing along (since the voice is so distorted), but I think it's safe to call this one my winner, at least until I listen to I Wanna Be enough to actually get all those lyrics down (and I'm not that far off).

Runner Up: Sunscreen (Baz Luhrmann) - ...heh, this song is all over the place isn't it? This is another one that I guess it's mildly difficult to know all the lyrics to (and I do), so I guess I'll make it my runner up. I've listened to it quite a bit and it's been drilled into my long-term memory.

Honorable Mentions:

Anyways, yeah. This day is kind of a joke. I could list 90% of my song collection here. I sing along with my music a lot, so I know most of the lyrics. But hey, at least I could pick some winners today.

No comments:

Post a Comment