Saturday, June 25, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

Well, they're getting awfully specific and obscure now, aren't they? Sadly, I have just the song to give the winning spot today:

Winner: I Touch Myself (Divinyls/Blondie?) - I CAN'T HELP IT. This damned song has such a great melody, a great beat, a great /feel/...I just don't listen to the lyrics and everything is fine. Often I find myself listening and growing fond of a song without ever listening to the lyrics. This is one of those songs. Unfortunately when I DID hear the lyrics for the first time, I couldn't stop liking the rest of the song. I do not have this song in my collection, but I don't turn it off if I hear it elsewhere...

...in fact, I can't help but let the youtube video play out even now.

As a side note, I have seen people claiming this song is by Blondie and some people decrying those people and that it's by the Divinyls. I do not know enough about either group to know which one it is. If someone could educate me, by all means comment.

1 comment:

  1. Then there's always our version of the song, sung often at D&D:

    I don't heal anybody else
    When I take some damage I touch myself

    ReplyDelete