Wednesday, September 14, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 18

Day 18 - A song from your favorite album

Once again, this day is extremely uninteresting. As I said in day 11's entry, I do not generally separate songs by album--even less than I pay attention to a song's artist. Albums in particular, however, are something I do not pay attention to since...well, this is the digital age where we can download songs for less than a dollar a pop rather than buy a CD (with perhaps two or three songs that we actually want) for $20. In recent memory I've only bought two full CDs: Rise Against's Appeal to Reason and Trinket's...well, it's probably their only album, but it's awesome. Of course there are other good albums that I have heard in my life, including Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Enya's A Day Without Rain. Also of course, I have enjoyed quite a few movie scores, not least of which include Braveheart, Last Samurai, and the various Pirates of the Caribbean scores (I'm sick of tracking these random pages down...find them yourselves). But picking a winner? Eh. That's too much of a pain. Appeal to Reason can't win because it's a bunch of liberal posturing with a few good songs thrown in for good measure. I don't know that I'd say Trinket's album is much better, with a couple songs I genuinely love (Superhuman and Boom, the latter of which being the only reason I bought the CD--though it was only 99 cents on Amazon...apparently these songs don't exist on Youtube, so just go to Grooveshark and look them up, you will not be disappointed) and the scores I listed are really more mood music than anything.

So once again, I can't really be bothered to pick a winner for today. Let's just move on with our lives and hope tomorrow's better. If you really want something for completionism's sake:

Winner: All the albums I listed above. Get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment